2007/12/31

Small Paintings Jersey Shore


These are small paintings recently completed after a day at the Jersey shore. The autumn light is lower, and winds very brisk. Autumn at Cape May Point, and Hereford Inlet, after the crowds have left. There were a few seabirds, but many had flown south by then.

It has been quite some time since I painted such small pieces, the change of scale from murals to these was fun. I wasn't concerned with detail so much. Each painting measures 6 x 6 x 1.5 inches, and are painted with acrylics on canvas.



6 comments:

Janvangogh said...

I recognize that shape :-) You did a nice job. I like that they go around the edges.

Lynne Rutter said...

these are absolutely lovely, kim!

mkcassatt said...

Janet Nelson sent me you small canvases of the Jersey shore via e-mail and I just adore them. You are truly talented and I enjoyed your creativity and imagination.
Mary Tousman

Kim said...

Janet,
thanks, your carpemtry skills and generosity much appreciated.. i may have to invade your studio and steal your tools to make some more frames!

Lynne, thanks. I didn't follow my own advice and get decent photos of these before giving them away. a lot of fun to paint.

Mary, thanks for the compliments!I love the shore any time of year, but after the season is the best.

Janvangogh said...

Let me know. Can pick you up in Wilmington.

Anonymous said...

Nice Kim! My favorite canvas is about 4 in x 6 in.
Marlow